Birthdays are a great time for celebration, but they can also be quite the hassle, if you don’t happen to be the birthday boy or girl. There are cakes to bake, parties to plan, and gifts to buy. Not only that, but if you live too far away from that friend or family member who’s celebrating a birthday, you have to worry about paying postage the cards you mail; and once the card’s actually in the mail, there’s that several day period of nervously hoping that the card actually arrives—and on time.
No one can help you over the stress of baking the perfect birthday cake, but there is an easy solution to those birthday card jitters: free ecards. Ecards come in all the same great styles you’re used to with store-bought cards, but with a few extra advantages. The first advantage, of course, is right there in the name: they’re absolutely free—free to pick out, free to personalize, and free to send. And secondly, ecards eliminate the need to call your friends and relatives to make sure they received your gift, because ecards arrive instantly, through e-mail.
In fact, with just a few easy steps, you won’t only be on your way to sending great birthday ecards, you’ll actually be finished with the whole process!
- First thing’s first: point your browser to the got-free-ecards birthday cards page, or just click here.
- This part’s the most fun: now you get to scroll through all the different designs, click on your favorite one to choose it. You can scroll through your choices one of two ways: by clicking on the arrow to the right of the page, or by using the theme-oriented tabs at the top of the page. Either way you do it, click on your favorite ecard design.
- Click on “play” on the next screen, to get a full preview of the card you’ve selected.
- Once the card has finished its animation, you’ll see an option at the bottom of the screen to personalize it with your own photos, or even your own recorded voice. If this is the option for you, click the button and follow the easy on-screen directions.
- We’re almost done! Now that your card is personalized, scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and fill in the recipient information: along with the birthday boy or girl’s name and e-mail address, you can add your personalized message to accompany the card.
- The last step is to decide when—and how—you want your card sent. You can choose to send the card immediately or, using the drop-down box at the bottom of page, pick a day up to a month in advance. Then, using the buttons to the right, choose whether you want to e-mail your card, or send it by Twitter.
I could go on, but we’re finished! It’s really that easy to send free birthday ecards to everyone on your list!