You don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving day to start expressing your thanks. You can start today. In fact, gratitude should have a place in our daily life. Everyday, we are showered with hundreds, maybe thousands of blessings, which most of us tend to take for granted. It’s not that we are not grateful, it’s just that our lifestyle leaves us little or no time to express thanks every day. So, how about simplifying it? Here’s an easy routine almost anyone who wishes to express gratitude more often can adopt. Simply make a list of five things you are thankful for every day. And then thank the people responsible for those five gifts. Doing this every day for a month, will make it a habit. And once something is a habit, it will easily fit into your lifestyle or schedule, no matter how hectic it is. For example, my list today might look something like this:
I am thankful for:
1. The fact that I can work from home and stay close to my baby. I am grateful to all my clients who give me this opportunity.
2. The laptop my husband gifted me last birthday. It is my window to the world.
3. My parents who support me completely in all that I do and without whom it would be impossible for me to care for my child while still working from home.
4. My best friend who is an inspiration, motivation and my guidance counselor whenever I need her.
5. The view from my home office window which uplifts my mood and makes my work space inviting.
So, I am going to start today my sending a free ecards from gotfreecards.com to each and every person who makes my day and my life more beautiful. This year, I am not going to wait until Thanksgiving to say ‘Thank you’. How about you?