“Mom, can we invite Sarah and Sally to the party?” “Can I get a new bike this year?” “Can we go to Disneyland?”
All signs that a birthday is coming up!
If you’re a busy mom (or dad) planning Junior’s birthday party, you probably wish there were things you could cross off your to-do list (and your budget) right now! Kids’ birthday parties are supposed to be fun for everyone – after all they celebrate our most precious gifts. But, between guest lists and goody bags, it’s easy for parents to get overwhelmed by all the planning that goes into a child’s birthday party.
It doesn’t have to be so.
The trick is to keep party planning simple.
All kids really want is to have a good time with their friends and maybe a favorite character or two. How you execute it all is up to you. The details that go into the cake, the hand-picked favors for each child, the elaborate balloon arrangement – are all great add-ons. They look good in the birthday pictures you’ll send grandma. But truthfully, you only have to focus on the things that are important to you and your child. You can simply leave out the rest if you don’t have the luxury of endless free time or a large budget.
Planning a party
Birthday parties can be easy to plan if you start a couple of weeks ahead.
* Make a guest list.
* Pick a venue – a park or your backyard is great for outdoor summer parties. Indoor venues include kids’ party places like Chuck E Cheese, children’s museums or your living room
* Choose a cake, snacks and refreshments. Set a reminder to pick up the cake and other items on the day of the party. If the party place has food – terrific!
* Get your child’s opinion on what character or theme he likes. Use the Yellow Pages, the internet or your friend’s recommendations to arrange for a clown or character.
*Make a shopping list and go out and get all the plates, decorations and other things you need to match the theme.
All of this can be accomplished within a few hours if you plan well.
Send out free, personalized online party invitations
When it comes to sending out invitations, you don’t need to sweat it one bit. Simply use gotfreecards’ free birthday party invitations to invite as many guests as you like at no cost!
Our birthday party invitations – both photo cards and printable invitations – are specially designed for little guys and gals. Available in various kid-friendly colors and themes ranging from flowers to balloons to animal characters, these cards are easy to customize.
* Just upload your little prince or princess’s picture.
* Add the party details in the text box.
* Print them out and mail them to your guests OR just click send to email them.
And that’s all there is to it. Now go enjoy that party!!